August 19, 2010

MAKING THE PISTONS BETTER

T-Mac in file photo.
Tracy McGrady of the Detroit Pistons believes he still has a lot of gas in his tank. According to Sports Radio Interviews, T-Mac said his versatility would help make his teammates better. He also thinks his playmaking ability will play a vital role as he acknowledged the presence of good scoring talents in the team. From the looks of it, McGrady, who is a former NBA scoring kingpin, is ready to sacrifice his scoring game and willing to assume a new role with the Pistons.

“It’s tough to play 82 games balls out. It’s tough to do that. When I say that, yeah I get criticized. Basketball players know there’s a lot of truth to that. I know it’s not the right thing to say. I don’t care what people think of it. It’s the truth if you play basketball. I love the game. If I didn’t love the game, with all the things I’ve accomplished in the game so far in my career and all the money I’ve made, I would have gave it up. Trying to fight back after two years, I would have just called it quits. I love it. I still feel that I can be a very effective player. My body feels good so it’s all about just going out there and doing it.

“One is my ability to make my teammates better. That’s first and foremost. That’s what I’m all about. We have a got a lot of guys on this team that can score the ball. With the guys that we have, I think my play-making ability can make the game a lot easier for them. Being a versatile player, it’s all about making these guys better and adding more depth from what we already have… I’m ready for it. This is my 14th season. I’ve been through a lot. Right now, it’s all about making my teammates better and having fun again enjoying this game. It’s a game. This is something that I love to do. It’s all about bringing that back. Whatever it takes to make these guys better, I’m willing to do it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment