August 13, 2010

UNUSUAL INTERVIEW

PhilStar's Quinito Henson (left) with
Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra.
PhilStar sports columnist and TV sports analyst Quinito “The Dean” Henson has done many interviews before with big names in the sports world, both here and abroad. But the one he had recently with Miami Heat Fil-Am head coach Erik Spoelstra was something unusual. The interview took place in Henson’s car as he offered to drive Spoelstra to a Manila five-star hotel for a scheduled dinner meeting with PLDT top honcho, Manny Pangilinan.


“Hi Boyet, it was a spur of the moment meeting.  I went to the Marriott on the off-chance I could speak with Erik.  I got there at 6 p.m. and he was in the middle of a filming with NBA entertainment.  He was done by 7:30, then had to go to Peninsula for a dinner with Mr. MVP.  I offered to drive him to the pen and he agreed.  My interview was done in the car.  What an experience.”

No comments:

Post a Comment