August 26, 2010

ALL SYSTEMS GO FOR YAO

Yao Ming is now cleared to play for
Houston Rockets next season. 
The doctors has finally cleared Yao Ming’s comeback bid next season, according to ESPN.com. That means the surgically repaired foot, which sidelined him in the entire 2009-10 season, is now fully healed. The 7-6 behemoth said he is very excited to resume his pro career with the Houston Rockets. Yao is also looking forward of seeing action in the Rockets two game exhibition series against the New Jersey Nets in China in mid-October.

“I am very excited. I am just looking forward to playing a great season. I think I can count on my foot now. That's just the confidence. I think everybody would have that after a foot injury, and [I'm] just still a little bit weak on that. I just need to continue to build on that. Compared to two months ago, it's really a lot better.

“That was really a hard month for me. I got a lot of phone calls from the Rockets staff, coaches, players, teammates and my friends and of course, my family will always be there to stay with me. That was the hardest time, [and it's] already passed. Now, we're looking forward and making something good.

“I'm really, really not in good shape right now. I'm probably a little bit away from game shape. The good news is we still have one month until training camp, and two months to the season. The doctors say, 'No, you need to slow down.'  'Step by step, you need to learn walking before you start running.' That's what they said. They said I've got to be patient with it. But I'm very happy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment