August 18, 2010

THE GENTLE GIANT FINALLY CALLS IT A DAY

Adonal Foyle (right) has decide to retire
after 13 years in the NBA.
After missing the entire 2009-10 season due to knee injury, center Adonal Foyle of the Orlando Magic  has decided to retire after 13 years in the NBA, according to the Orlando Sentinel. The 6-10 Saint Vincent and the Grenadines native, considered one of the most articulate current players in the league, is popularly known by his humanitarian works and who also serve as first vice president of the National Basketball Players Association. Foyle, 35, was the eight pick over-all in the 1997 rookie draft by the Golden State Warriors. The former Colgate University star center has career averages of 4.1 points4.7 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game in 733 total games with the Warriors, Magic and Memphis Grizzlies.

“It just never really quite got back to where I could feel like I could keep pushing it and do what I wanted to. Basically, I never really got back to that place where I felt like I could make a contribution. My thing has always been that the game has really been too good to me to really be around it if I can't give anything to it.

“Right now, I just want to finish this part of my life and then really try to figure out how to journey to the next spot.”

No comments:

Post a Comment