October 20, 2010

CHARLOTTE OR NOTHING

It is a make-or-break year for
Charlotte Bobcats center Nazr
Mohammed.
NBA journeyman Nazr Mohammed has truly fallen in love with the city of Charlotte. This season is a contract year for the 12-year veteran center and he is very serious in his desire to sign an extension for at least a year or two with the Charlotte Bobcats. That is why he considers the 2010-11 campaign as a make-or-break situation for himself. Mohammed says if the Bobcats have other plans and will not sign him, then it is time for him to call it a day, according to NBA Fanhouse. Mohammed is not anymore entertaining thoughts of playing for other NBA teams, because he do not want to relocate his family again.

“I definitely want to come back to Charlotte. That's my goal, maybe sign a two-year deal. If that doesn't work out, then I'll have to see. I might just hang it up. This could be my last season. I've given that some serious thought. I don't know about playing somewhere else.

“I know everyone says this, but my decision (in free agency) isn't going to be based on money. I'm not going to uproot my family just to play another year or two if this team doesn't want me back. My wife likes it in Charlotte. My kids are in school now, and I don't want to go off and leave them just to keep playing. It's not worth it at this stage.”

No comments:

Post a Comment