October 22, 2010

JAZZ ALL THE WAY

Deron Williams drives past
Andre Miller of the Portland
Trailblazers in pre-season
action. (AP Photo)
Utah Jazz all-star guard Deron Williams plays in the "LeBron James Generation" but it does not mean that he is also a part of the current crop of young stars who want to form their own power-packed teams. The 6-3 Williams is a throw back from the old days when players value the importance of team loyalty. Now, entering his first season with the Jazz without longtime partner Carlos Boozer, who seek greener pastures last summer and landed in the Chicago Bulls, Williams says he is the kind of player who knows how to respect and honor his contract, according to Yahoo! Sports. The West Virginia native also added he is happy to be with a winning team like the Jazz and plans to stay with the team for a longtime.

“I just want to win. My team has been winning, for the most part. Last year we got eliminated early, but we just got to get better. We got some pieces to do that. I’m happy right now. I’m under contract. I honor that contract, respect that contract and just play basketball. I’m never going to say never. [But] I don’t see that happening.”

No comments:

Post a Comment