October 19, 2010

NO MORE MAGIC IN LAKERS OWNERSHIP

Earvin "Magic" Johnson.
After 23 years, Earvin “Magic" Johnson has finally cut-off his official ties with the Los Angeles Lakers. Johnson has sold his shares in the Lakers to Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, a Lakers diehard fan and season-ticket holder for 25 years. Johnson says he was truly humbled during his 23 years (13 years as a player and 10 years as part-owner) with the Lakers organization, according to ESPN. With regards to Magic’s next destination or business interest, will it be the Golden State Warriors? We will soon find out.

“I am truly humbled to have been a Lakers player for 13 years and an owner for over 10 years. I thank Dr. [Jerry] Buss from the deepest part of my heart and soul for allowing me such an incredible opportunity. I will continue to work alongside Dr. Buss, Jeanie Buss and [general manager] Mitch Kupchak in their efforts to continually build and maintain the best NBA franchise in the league. This was a bittersweet business decision made on behalf of my family and myself, and I want to assure all the wonderful and loyal Lakers fans that my decision will in no way affect my dedication and support for the Los Angeles Lakers. I am and will always be a Laker for life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment