October 20, 2010

MAKING THE CUT

Chris Quinn played 3 seasons for
the Miami Heat. 
In his short NBA career, guard Chris Quinn has seen it all. Now on his 5th year in the league, the 6-2 ex-Notre Dame star is battling it out with other hopefuls in making the cut for the Philadelphia 76ers opening night roster. Quinn, who spent his first four seasons in the league with the Miami Heat and the New Jersey Nets, says he will just continue to work hard and take advantage of the opportunities, according to The Philadelphia Daily News. Quinn, who was never drafted in the NBA, has career averages of 5.2 ppg and 2.1 apg in 193 total games with the Heat and the Nets.

“It's just a matter of me continuing to play hard and taking advantage of the opportunities that present themselves. I'm just trying to play hard and compete and help the team win any way I can. It's getting down to the real deal now, so it's important for the team to get ready for that.

“This will be my fifth year in the NBA and I've been through a lot as far as playoff teams, non-playoff teams, good teams, bad teams. I've been a starter for games, I've been the 15th guy. The only thing I can do is control what I can control. The 76ers, as an organization, are headed in the right direction and I'd love to be a part of that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment