October 15, 2010

THE OTHER SIDE OF JERRY SLOAN

Utah Jazz head coach
Jerry Sloan.
Utah Jazz head coach Jerry Sloan is well known for his disciplinary ways of NBA coaching. Sloan, now on his 26th year as an NBA mentor including 23 straight with the Jazz, is the kind of tactician no player would want to mess around. However, in the short period of time that new Jazz big man Al Jefferson has spent with the team, he discovered something interesting and new about Sloan’s personality, which caught him by a big surprise. An attribute he did not expect at all from his coach, an occasional charismatic smile and being a joker. Jefferson says he did not see Sloan smile when he was still with the Minnesota Timberwolves, according to NBA.Fanhouse.com.

“Honestly, I thought it would be a lot worse. Coach has another side of him I've seen that I didn't see [when I was] with the Timberwolves. He likes to joke, he likes to smile every once in a while. I'd never seen him smile before I got here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment