October 29, 2010

WHEN FLAW OVERFLOWS

Philadelphia 76ers head
coach Doug Collins.
(AP Photo)
Philadelphia 76ers head coach Doug Collins was clearly exasperated after their season opening home loss to the Miami Heat, 97-87. The Sixers were a pitiful sight during the Heat onslaught in the 3rd canto. Collins says lacking a reliable shooting guard and a power forward was very evident during the Miami game and he also admits that his team is severely flawed at this time, according to Sports Radio Interviews

“On our first unit, when I have Evan and Jrue [Holiday] play together, I have no shooting, at all, on the floor. When I stop the tape, I’m watching 10 feet in the paint from the other opponents, so we have absolutely no place to go on the floor. That’s not Evan’s fault. What has happened with [Jason] Kapono is he gives us some spacing out on the floor. He can make a shot. … It’s really more, from my standpoint, and I don’t mean this in a derogatory [sense], but I’ve got a very flawed team. I don’t have a legit shooting 2 guard and I don’t really have what you would consider a legit power forward in this league. Those are two premium pieces and so, when you’re trying to put it together, I feel like I have 10 or 11 guys that can all play and it’s up to me to find out who plays best with each other.

“My expectations have not changed, obviously, but there’s more work to be done here than I thought, I’ll put it that way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment