October 19, 2010

“OH CAPTAIN, MY CAPTAIN!”

Josh Smith of the Atlanta Hawks
was once the NBA slam dunk
champion.
Don’t look now, but once-problem child Josh Smith is embarking on a new mission, as the leader of the Atlanta Hawks. Smith, now on his sixth season with the Hawks, was named team captain by new Atlanta head coach Larry Drew. The 6-9 forward is regarded as an immature head case during his early years in the NBA. Smith says he is now a changed man and relish his new role with the team, acccording to Hoopsworld.com.

“I definitely (relish my new role). It's a long time coming. I don't want to let Coach Drew down. I came in here with a different approach and every morning I wake up thinking what can I do to better myself as a teammate.

“There's a comfort level (with Coach Drew). You look at Coach Woodson. He was a good coach who improved each season he was here. Management decided not to bring him back but he was a good coach for us. We didn't know what was to come, but they were able to get Coach Drew in here and that was something everyone was comfortable with. We didn't know what to expect from a new coach. We definitely have a basis on how he wants us to play and the idea he wants us to have. That's a positive for the direction we're trying to go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment