October 19, 2010

TOP PRIORITY

John Wall hopes to lead the
Washington Wizards back
to the playoffs this season.
(AP Photo).
Contrary to what many thinks, the number one priority this season of top pick over-all rookie John Wall of the Washington Wizards is not the rookie of the year award. The 6-4 guard out of the University of Kentucky says his top priority is to lead the Wizards back into the playoffs, according to The Washington Post. Wall added he wants to bring the Wizards back to where it wants to be.

“To be honest, I'll take playoffs first and then rookie of the year second. That's the type of person I am. Rookie of the year would be great, as an individual goal, but like I told you, if I can better individually and worry about individual goals for this team, it's not going to help the organization get back to where it wants to be -- and that's hopefully a playoff contender and before I end my career, a championship contender. The main thing is focusing on the team and worrying about myself second.”

No comments:

Post a Comment