October 23, 2010

THE FORGOTTEN MAN

Michael Redd eyes a
comeback with the
Milwaukee Bucks.
In the last two seasons, the Milwaukee Bucks are all about Andrew Bogut, last year’s rookie sensation Brandon Jennings and mid-season recruit John Salmons. But where is the erstwhile face of the team, Michael Redd? The 6-6 sweet-shooting guard out of Ohio State University played in only 51 of 164 games during the last two campaigns, due to various ailments. The 10-year veteran, who has played his entire career with the Bucks and once averaged 26.7 ppg during 2006-07 season, is hopeful that he can comeback with the team by next February. Redd, 31, says all he wants right now is to comeback and do his part for the Bucks run this coming season, according to the Journal Sentinel. And he is ready to do it in any role, in any capacity.

“I just know I want to come back and do my part, whatever it is. There's no doubt about it. My mind is to come back and to play and help this team out as much as I can when I get back. Any role, any role, just to play basketball and be a part. That's it. And that's been my mentality my whole tenure here. To do the best I can do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment