September 22, 2010

ALL ABOUT SACRIFICE

Udonis Haslem of the
Miami Heat.
Salary wise, Udonis Haslem could have gotten more with another team but still, he decided to remain with the Miami Heat. Haslem, one of the hardest working players in the league, said it is because his heart is in Miami and just like his teammates LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, he is ready to make the ultimate sacrifice just to win an NBA championship, according to the SunSentinel.com.

“It was a situation where a lot of guys tried to come together and make a sacrifice in order for me to be a part of this. At first it was looking like I would probably have just a one-year deal with the minimum salary, which was, at the age of 30… I didn’t think I could settle for something like that. ... Dwyane [Wade, who] is like a brother to me, LeBron [James], who respects what I do--and I have the ultimate respect for what he does--and also Chris [Bosh], all came together and made a sacrifice. Even though it wasn’t as much as I would have gotten somewhere else, my heart is here in Miami and I really believe in this team and this organization. And just to go somewhere for the money is never the type of person that I’ve been.”

No comments:

Post a Comment