September 24, 2010

BIG DECISION FOR J-RICH

Jason Richardson stuffs
one in for the Phoenix
Suns in this file photo.
Sooner or later, Jason Richardson has to pull the trigger. This is a contract year for the former Michigan State standout but unlike many, J-Rich is not thrilled or motivated being in the last year of his current contract with the Phoenix Suns, according to The Arizona Republic. The 6-6 former NBA slam dunk, who will be turning 30 next January, will have to make big decision, either signing an extension deal with the Suns (which could probably be his last big contract) or test the free agent market by 2011. He likens his situation like going into college again, he has to make a big career decision.

“I feel like I'm going to college. I've got to pick a decision. It's going to be fun. I'm not even worried about it. What happens, happens. If I get an extension here, I would love to be here and maybe finish my career here. It's a business. You never know. There's no pressure on me to go out and perform just because it's my contract year. I'm always a firm believer that if you work hard, things will come out your way.

“I'm not necessarily motivated (by a contract year) but I know what's at stake," he said. "I know I put in a lot of work this summer. I really prepared myself. I know this is probably my last big chance to get a contract. I'm getting up there. I'm going to be 30 in January.”

No comments:

Post a Comment