September 17, 2010

CONVINCING CARMELO TO STAY

Denver Nuggets coach
George Karl (left) and star
player Carmelo Anthony
during happier days.
If Denver Nuggets coach George Karl has his way, he obviously wanted Carmelo Anthony to stay in the Mile High City. Karl said the motivating factor, if he ever gets the chance to talk things out with the former Syracuse standout, is he could explain that the Nuggets has a golden chance to improve their 53 wins last season, according to The Denver Post. But the question now is who will take the necessary steps to initiate the talks between the coach and his disgruntled franchise player.

“To me, my job is to, anytime I talk to Melo . . . it's to convince him that we won 53 games last year and I think we're very capable of being a lot better than we were last year. Some of the bombs that hit our team injury-wise and my situation, I think we kind of need to stay together, in my opinion. It's pretty easy: Stay together and figure it out. Right now, I don't think Melo is going to be calling me for advice. Fortunately, it's not my job to probably call him to talk about that situation. My job is to talk about basketball.”

No comments:

Post a Comment