September 23, 2010

FRESH START

Tyler Hansbrough of the
Indiana Pacers drives strong
to the basket in file photo.
Tyler Hansbrough was one of the heralded rookies who were expected to take the NBA by storm last season after an outstanding college ball career at North Carolina. The Indiana Pacers tabbed the 6-9 Missouri native with the 13th pick over-all in the 2009 draft, with hopes of bringing his magic to the struggling franchise. A month into his rookie campaign, Hansbrough suffered a head injury against the Boston Celtics and instantly, his dream season turned into a nightmare. The injury led to an  inner ear infection/concussion/vertigo which cause Hansbrough to miss 53 games. He finished the season with norms of 8.5 ppg and 4.8 rpg. Hansbrough, who has undergone treatment for the last nine months, said he hopes to finally get his medical clearance to resume his pro career with the Pacers and looks forward of having a fresh start in the 2010-11 season, according to IndyStar.com.

“It would be disappointing (if I wasn't cleared), but at the same time, I feel like I'm right around the corner. I'm extremely optimistic. I feel like it's one of those things where you look at it as bad timing and bad luck. Once I get past this, I will have a much fresher start.

“It's probably one of the toughest things I've ever had to go through. I started working out -- running and lifting weights -- back in July. Now it's a matter of getting back out there and being able to do everything.”

No comments:

Post a Comment