July 7, 2010

BAPTISM OF FIRE


Former Butler University campus hero Gordon Hayward of the Utah Jazz has finally gotten his baptism of fire in the NBA. Hayward is currently posting averages of 11.0 ppg and 3.5 rpg in two games so far in the ongoing 2010 Orlando NBA Summer League. The 20- year-old Brownsburg, Indiana native pumped in 14 points in a 78-73 win over the Orlando Magic. He had 8 points in the Jazz opening day 85-83 loss to the Charlotte Bobcats. Hayward, who was the ninth pick-overall in the 2010 rookie draft, said that he is beginning to feel comfortable and is adjusting to the pro game accordingly.


"It was nothing special. I did what I could to win the game. The ball just came to me. Today was a lot better. I felt a lot more comfortable out there. After getting that first day out of the way, overall as a team we were more comfortable.


“Everything is faster here, a little stronger. It’s a different game. For me it’s an adjustment. But I’ve got to keep learning and keep getting better every day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment