July 6, 2010

THE QUESTION REMAINS


In a conversation with  Renee Busch, mother of Boston Celtics reserve guard Nate Robinson, Philstar’s Quinito Henson directly asked if the 5-9 spitfire has Filipino lineage. According to Busch, she is not sure if there is any drop of Pinoy blood in Robinson. But she said that they are very close to Filipino families in her hometown of Seattle, Washington. So the question remains whether “Tiny Nate” is eligible or not to play for Team Pilipinas in the future.

“As far as I know, Nate has no Filipino blood but was raised in a Filipino family environment. My mother or Nate’s grandmother should be able to fill in the details of his Filipino background. Our friends are either Filipino or black. In Seattle where I live, our closest friends are Filipinos – the Bacanis.

My little sister speaks Tagalog – that’s how close we are with Filipinos. I understand a little Tagalog myself. And I suppose so does Nate. I know he’d love to visit the Philippines. He’s been to China promoting basketball for the NBA and I’m sure he could do the same in the Philippines.”

No comments:

Post a Comment