July 3, 2010

THE SEARCH IS OVER

It’s now official, Byron Scott is the new head coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers. Scott replaces Mike Brown, who was fired after the Cavs’ disappointing exit in the Eastern Conference semis of the just-concluded 2010 playoffs.

Scott brings to the table an over-all NBA coaching record of 352-355 win-loss card (.498) in 707 total games with the New Jersey Nets and the New Orleans Hornets. Scott led the Nets to back-to-back finals stint in 2002 and 2003.

“I want to thank Chris Grant and Dan Gilbert and the entire ownership group for this great opportunity. In meeting with Dan and Chris I could tell they have a solid team and family approach to everything and that really impressed me. The deeper we got into these discussions, the better I felt about the situation. This is a great job and an impressive organization and I am very happy to be a part of it. Everything about it just felt like a really good fit for both me and the team. I am anxious to get going and to build on the success the Cavaliers have experienced in recent years."

No comments:

Post a Comment