July 1, 2010

WITH OR WITHOUT LEBRON


Mark J. Spears reported on Yahoo Sports that Byron Scott is eyeing an NBA coaching comeback  next season. It may either be with the Los Angeles Lakers (if Phil Jackson decides to retire due to health problems) or the vacant post at the Cleveland Cavaliers. Scott  has previously coached the New Jersey Nets and the New Orleans Hornets.


On the Lakers:


“I’m not sitting and waiting on Phil Jackson. That ain’t me. I’m not waiting on anybody.”


On the Cavaliers:
“He’s (LeBron James) a loyal guy. He wants to win. I would coach there without LeBron. But they got a good shot at getting him back. Without him, they would probably go from 60 wins to 30 wins. But [without James], it’s still a better job than when I first started in New Jersey, and it’s still a better job than when I first started in New Orleans.”

No comments:

Post a Comment