July 16, 2010

ANOTHER CHANCE


Boston Celtics forward Glen “Big Baby” Davis told the Boston Globe that he wants to be back in the NBA finals. Davis has seen it all, winning it in 2008 and losing it in 2010, both at the expense of arch-rivals Los Angeles Lakers. He said he is still in pain while thinking of what might have been in that epic heartbreaking game seven defeat in the 2010 NBA finals. And now, Davis is looking ahead for the upcoming season. He also thinks that defending the Eastern Conference title   will be more difficult than before. The stumbling block: the new powerhouse team of Miami Heat. But still, he is excited with the return of Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers. And that strengthens his belief that anything can still happen in their quest for the 18th championship banner.


“A team that we have been playing with for a while and now we’re back again and have another chance to go play for a title. I’m ready. Everybody, they know what’s going on now and how serious it is. And the new teams that are in the [running] now and what we have to do to make sure we get back there. Miami is another team that’s going to be in our way, and we’ve got to handle our business and do what we’ve got to do.

“I am working on everything, making sure that I come ready. With Rasheed retiring, I have to make sure that I deliver. I’ve been working hard and I have to make sure I have to fill his role.’’

No comments:

Post a Comment