July 15, 2010

FINALLY A SPUR


Brazilian Tiago Splitter is one of the most wanted guys in Southern Texas for the last three years. No, don’t get me wrong. He is definitely not a criminal. He is the 1st round draft selection (28th over-all) of the San Antonio Spurs in 2007 and a vital cog of the Brazilian National team. Contractual problems with his Spanish league team prevented the 25-year-old, 6-11 forward from seeing action with the Spurs for the past three years. Splitter, who led Brazil to four gold medals in various international meets, finally signed a 3-year deal worth $11.016 million with the Spurs as reported by Mike Monroe of the Express News. Splitter is being groomed as the “next Tim Duncan” of the Alamo City outfit.


“I realize where you have the opportunity to be — on a team that is international and a team that won titles with such good players, Manu (Ginobili) and Tim Duncan and Tony Parker. Then I realized that I’m in good hands, and the team who had my rights was great for me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment