July 16, 2010

DRIVE FOR 18 IS ALIVE


The drive to bring home the 18th championship banner for the NBA’s most storied franchise got a big boost with the return of its captain, Paul Pierce. Which means that the “Big 3” of the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Pierce),  will be back together again with coach Glen “Doc” Rivers,  to continue their quest for a second title in four years. Erstwhile Miami Heat center and former all-star Jermaine O’Neal is also on board to help Celtics offset the loss of Rasheed Wallace to retirement. According to the team’s official website, the 6-6 former Kansas Jayhawk is very excited to comeback to the Beantown outfit and have a shot once more of winning another diadem. The 32-year-old Inglewood, California native, has career averages of 22.5 ppg, 6.1 rpg and 3.8 apg in 12 seasons with the Celtics.


"I am very excited to be back in Boston. I have always said that I would love to retire as a Celtic and re-signing here will allow me to do that. I would like to thank Danny, Doc, the ownership group and the rest of the organization. I'm thrilled that they kept the core intact and look forward to getting back on the parquet with my teammates so we can bring Banner 18 home to Boston.”

No comments:

Post a Comment