July 27, 2010

EXCITED AND MOTIVATED


The feeling of dismay has turned into feeling of excitement. That is exactly what Kirk Hinrich had felt during the last two months. According to ESPN, he said he was shocked and surprised when the Chicago Bulls traded him to the Washington Wizards. But now, having the number one pick over-all in the 2010 NBA rookie draft John Wall on board, the 6-3 former University of Kansas standout is looking forward to a promising season with the Capital City outfit. With a deep backcourt rotation that includes Wall and the comebacking Gilbert Arenas, Hinrich may see some minutes at the number two position and this further motivates him. His versatility will be tested once more. Hinrich, 29, played seven seasons for the Bulls (who selected him with the seventh pick over-all in he 2003 draft) with career norms of 13.4 ppg and 5.8 apg in 514 total games.


"Whenever you get the No. 1 pick and a guy has talented as John, you have the young cast around him, its a sense of rebuilding. But I feel like we have the talent and if we play the right way and consistently play hard every night, I feel like we can surprise a lot of people.

"I'm very appreciative of my time in Chicago, they gave me an opportunity to first of all become a pro player and then grow as one. I was in Chicago for so long and I appreciate my opportunity, but I'm excited to go to a new organization. It's like almost coming into the league again. I'm very motivated and excited to play great basketball."

No comments:

Post a Comment