July 22, 2010

FRESH START


In the news conference introducing the newest member of the Phoenix Suns, media men and fans were surprised to see Hedo Turkoglu sporting a new jersey number for the Desert City outfit. Turkoglu held up high his brand new Suns uniform bearing number 19. The 31 year-old Turkish said that his new number means a fresh start in his career after last season’s frustrating year with the Toronto Raptors, according to an article posted on azcentral.com. Turkoglu posted his lowest scoring average in six years with 11.3 ppg in 74 outings with the Raptors last campaign.


“It's my date of birth. It's a new start for me. So I can say, 'Put that year away and it's a new start for me, a new beginning.' 

"I talked to my agent and said 'Don't even call me back. Just make it happen.' Especially when I heard about Phoenix. I have never been like a money guy. If I was that, I would have stayed in Toronto no matter what - good, bad - I would have just collected my money. But it wouldn't be me."

No comments:

Post a Comment