July 17, 2010

THANKFUL


J.J. Redick has lot of reasons to be thankful the past few weeks. First, he got married and the honeymoon took the couple to a European sojourn. Next thing, he got an offer sheet from the Chicago Bulls worth a three-year $20 million contract. And finally, the Orlando Magic matched the offer sheet, which will make him stay with his original NBA team and have the chance once more to work on for another possible title shot.

"Honestly, I'm flattered. I'm flattered Chicago was willing to give me that much money in the first year and basically tell me that I was going to start. And I'm flattered that Orlando thought enough of me to bring me back. I have had a lot of critics and doubters through the years, but last season I was very consistent and what I have done is earn what I've gotten through a lot of hard work.

"When we got back from the beach I had the news (of his return to the Magic) on my phone and the first text message that I sent out was to Bob Beyer, the coach who works me out. I told him, 'See you on Monday. Let's go to work.' That's my attitude, no matter where I was going to be. My goal is to win a championship and I believe we can do that in Orlando regardless of what Miami or Boston has done. We have a chance to do that and I'm getting back to work on Monday.

"I'm happy going back to Orlando. I think we've built a great thing with the Magic. Otis has done a great job, Stan (Van Gundy) can obviously coach his (butt) off and I'm excited about next year."

No comments:

Post a Comment