July 16, 2010

A NEW BEGINNING


Michael Beasly came into the NBA as the second pick over-all of the Miami Heat in the 2008 rookie draft. Two years later, the Heat unceremoniously traded him to the Minnesota Timberwolves for a mere pair of  future second round picks. Beasly actually did not fare badly in his two seasons with the Heat. He averaged 14.3 ppg, 5.9 rpg and 1.2 apg in 159 total games with the Heat. For two seasons, he perfectly played the role of Dwyane Wade’s sidekick in Miami’s offensive scheme of things. But with the entry of free-agent superstars LeBron James and Chris Bosh, the Heat have no choice but to let go of the 21-year old ex-Kansas State standout. Beasly, as reported in the StarTribune.com, appears ready to start all over again with the T-Wolves.  The 6-9 forward, who was described by Minnesota President of Basketball Operations David Khan as a “rare talent”, seems so eager to get going with his new team.

"I just want to play basketball. That's it. I feel there's a lot that the world don't know about me. A lot of my game hasn't been shown, a lot of my personality hasn't been shown. I'm just ready to start my life.

"I don't want to say anything I'm going to regret, you know. Miami, they have a special way of doing things. They didn't need what I had to offer at the time. You got a lot of NBA All-Stars on the floor [for next season] and I guess it just wasn't my turn.”

No comments:

Post a Comment