July 21, 2010

SPINNING JAMS


Remember Rony Seikaly? Yes, the 6-11 Lebanese center who saw action for 11 years in the NBA. Seikaly is now the club owner of Wall Lounge in South Beach, Florida. In addition, he has a new profession as a disc jockey, as reported in Miami New Times News. Basketball and music are his passions in life. Seikaly, who lives in a 10,000 square-foot mansion in Miami Beach's North Bay Road, had a career-averages of 14.7 ppg and 9.5 rpg in 678 games with the Miami Heat, Golden State Warriors, Orlando Magic and New Jersey Nets. The former Syracuse University standout was the 9th pick over-all in the 1988 rookie draft and the first-ever draftee in Heat history.


"In both basketball and DJing, the adrenaline is there. You control the night for everybody in attendance: You can make sure they have a great time, or you can ruin their night by missing a shot or not playing the music they want to hear.

"When I stopped playing the NBA, I thought the last thing I want to do is get on more planes, but here I am. I don't have the luxury of the team plane anymore. I'm back on commercial.”

No comments:

Post a Comment