July 26, 2010

HARDWARE NOT NUMBERS


For Chris Bosh, it took him seven years to finally realize that winning championships are far more important than piling up one’s statistics. According to an article which appeared in the Miami Herald, Bosh said that despite having good numbers last season for the Toronto Raptors, he was terribly disappointed not to make it to the NBA’s first, second or third teams. Now, with a new lease on his career with co-Miami Heat franchise men LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, Bosh is all focus in finally nailing down the big one.
"I have seven years to make up for. You make decisions because you want to be happy. Last year was the biggest disappointment. That taught me numbers don't mean anything. I averaged 24 and 10.5, and I didn't even make any (first-, second- or third-) team NBA. I was mad as hell that day, like, `Really?' That (stuff) hurts.
"It just seemed nothing ever worked out in Toronto. And that's no offense to them or the organization. It just never happened. I hate losing probably more than anybody in the world. But it's just been my fate so far.”

No comments:

Post a Comment