July 19, 2010

HOPING NELLIE STAYS


NBA.Fanhouse.com says that free agent forward Devean George wants to play anew in Oakland but in one condition: Don Nelson must stay as head coach of the Golden State Warriors. With new team owners settling in, the future of the league’s winningest coach with 1,333 wins remains in limbo. Nelson himself, wants to stay a year more with the Bay Area City outfit. George, the 33-year-old Minnesota native and battle-scarred veteran of 11 pro seasons, posted averages of 5.4 ppg and 2.5 rpg in 45 games with the Warriors last campaign.


"Yeah, I am (asked if he's worried about whether Nelson, who has one year left on his contract, stays). But I don't know. I just figure that (the new owners) come in, they probably maybe let him finish the year, and that will be all. I don't know. If they want to make changes, get a coach, get new people, I'm sure they might want to get everything settled first.

"We're trying to make something happen. I definitely want to go back. They tell me that they like me, the things that I've done with the team helping out the young players. I just want to play basketball.”

No comments:

Post a Comment