July 15, 2010

LIFE IS MORE THAN HOOPS


I have many reasons to be thankful today. Foremost, me and my family are okay and secondly, it feels good to be doing this blog again. But everything takes a backseat to what life is really all about. Yesterday marks the first time I missed writing anything about hoops since this blog was created last June 29. But the last 24 hours opened my eyes to things that are more important than basketball. Indeed, there is more to life than basketball. 


It was really tough midnight of Tuesday as typhoon “Basyang” unleashed her might in our province of Cavite and nearby provinces including Metro Manila. Thousands were left homeless and some were not lucky enough to survive the ordeal. Roads were pitiful sights as floods dominated the lower areas while several houses suffered irreparable damages and many electrical posts were knocked down as well. The aftermath entails bitterness, sadness, recovery and vision. These things made me think what Robert E. Speer (ecumenist, missionary spokesmanonce said:


“This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment