July 29, 2010

BUCK BUCKLES DOWN TO WORK

Newly-hired Portland Trail Blazers assistant coach Buck Williams sounds very excited about his new job. He told the OregonLive.com in an interview that he is ready to buckle down to work on whatever assignment head coach Nate McMillan hands him. He also said that it is a great opportunity to learn by working closely with the senior assistant coaches of the team to further hone his mentoring skills.


"My angle is going to be whatever coach Nate McMillan wants it to be. I'm going to line myself up with what he's doing and when he seeks my advice I'll be there and give him my (advice) on issues with the frontcourt or the guards or whatever. But I'm just here to learn. To have the kind of coaching staff we have, with coach (Bernie) Bickerstaff and (Bob) Ociepka and the other guys that have been here, it's just a great opportunity for me and a great opportunity to learn from some of the best coaches in the league.”

No comments:

Post a Comment